Anthony Rolando is the United States accordion Champion, and two times bronze medal winner in World Competition. His musical accomplishments on this traditional instrument are unsurpassed. He has won over a hundred and ten trophies since he began studying the accordion at the age of five. A typical performance may include concert style musical selections, where only the skill and musicianship developed from many hours of practice could do justice to such difficult compositions. Anthony has performed throughout the United States, Europe, Canada and Australia where his talent was immediately recognized and well received. Some of his most memorable performances were on the Gene Carroll & Polka Varieties Shows, performing with Myron Floren, Henry Questa and the Lawrence Welk Orchestra. Anthony also gave a concert at Carnegie Hall in New York City, Severance Hall and the Front Row Theater in Cleveland, Ohio. He had the honor of performing for Tony Bennett, the former President of the United States, George Bush, and was chosen to perform with a sixty-five piece orchestra for the famous Italian Tenor, Mr. Luciano Pavarotti.
His recordings include "The Artist", (semi-classical) and "The Artist" II, (Italian & French Polkas and Waltz's) which features Anthony on the accordion. The Amore~Love recording which features vocalist Valerie Vacco has been an overwhelming success for both of these talented performers. Anthony also has three other recordings with his previously owned Italian Band, Gli Amici. They are: Viva Italia, Salute, and Musica Bella. "I have performed with many famous artists and I love every minute of it" says Anthony. Because of his love for the Italian music, you will find Anthony performing with vocalist Valerie Vacco for many Italian Festivals world wide. They also perform songs from around the world. They have been guests for many Television & Radio Programs.
Performances and Accomplishments
• United States Accordion Champion
• Two Times Bronze medal winner in World Competition
• Winner of over 110 Trophies and two Bronze Medals
• Performed on the Polka Varieties Show and Gene Carrol Show on Channel 5, Cleveland, Ohio
• In Italy on radio and television programs, and Italian festivals throughout Italy
• Carnegie Hall in New York, Cleveland Music School Settlement
• Performing for Italian Festivals throughout the U.S.
• Severance Hall in Cleveland, Ohio, Front Row Theater, Cleveland, Ohio
• Performed for President George Bush
• Performed for Singer, Tony Bennett, Cleveland, Ohio
• Performed for the Italian Television Show in New Jersey, and The Garden State Art Center in New Jersey
• Accompanied famous Italian Artists - Second Caadei, Dick Contino, Rocco del Sud, Enrico Farina, Aurelio Fierro, Christina Fontinelli, Moreno Fruzzetti, The Gaylords, Lydia O'Connor, Renato Renzi, and Claudio Villa
• Performed with Lawrence Welk and his Orchestra at Public Hall, Cleveland, Ohio
• Performed with Henry Questa and the Lawrence Welk Orchestra in Erie, P. A.
• Performed and shared a solo with Luciano Pavarott